Complete Guide to Install Wavlink Drivers Manually
A driver is a software that acts as a mediator between the hardware device like the Wavlink network adapter, USB hubs, docking stations, and the operating system of the computer. Without these drivers, your hardware components won’t work properly and you also might face issues accessing Wavlink login page for your extender if it is connected to your network adapter. If you also want to install the drivers, and you have no idea how to install them, then you have come to the right post. Here, we will discuss step-by-step guidelines to install the Wavlink drivers.
Before moving to the installation process, make sure that you have a laptop or computer, a stable internet connection, and also close all the irrelevant programs that create intrusion at the time of the installation process.
Steps to Install Wavlink Drivers
The process to install the drivers is quite easy for both Windows and Mac. Follow the given below instruction to complete the process. The first thing you need to do is, connect your client device with a high-speed internet connection.
Step-1 Open a Web Browser
Once your computer is connected, open a web browser of your choice. You can pick any browser like Opera, Safari, Edge, Firefox, or Chrome. To avoid any technical hitches, be sure that your internet browser is upgraded to its latest version. Apart from this, also clear all the cache, cookies, and browser history.
Step-2 Download the File
To install the newest Wavlink drivers you need to go to the official website of Wavlink i.e. www.wavlink.com. Here, go to the support or downloads sections and find the drivers particular to the device model or operating system. Verify that, you have downloaded the latest version.
Step-3 Install the Wavlink Drivers
Once the file is downloaded, it’s time to install it on the computer. For this, detect the download file (usually a .exe or .msi file) on your client device. Now, double-click the file to open an installation wizard.
- Click on the Manage option and select the Driver Manager.
- After that click the USB adapter and then select upgrade the driver.
- Head over to the Have Disk>> Browse>> Find the file you unzipped before.
- Go to RTWLANU_ Driver>> Select your system>> Choose the inf file.
- Now, click OK and then Next to complete the installation process.
- Once done, click on the Finish option.
Now, you need to power cycle your computer to finalize the installation procedure. In this way, you can easily install the Wavlink driver on the computer.
The process to install the drivers on the Mac is different from the Windows. Follow the given below steps to install it.
- Double-click on the driver’s file you previously downloaded it.
- After that, go to the Install DisplayLink Manager window.
- Here, click Continue to the next window, then click Agree.
- Now, select Install and choose Use Password.
- Fill in the screen password and click Install Software.
- Wait for a few seconds till the installation process is complete then click Close.
In case, you are unable to complete the installation process due to any hurdle, then walk through the given below section to take out it.
Troubleshooting Wavlink Drivers Issue
- 1. Be sure that you have the accurate driver version for your device and operating system.
- 2. Disable firewall or antivirus software for some time. The reason being, they create an issue while performing the installation process.
- 3. Make sure that you use the non-damaged cable and USB port. In case it is, then use another USB port or cable to connect the Wavlink device.
- 4. Before starting a fresh installation, make sure that you have uninstalled any earlier installed Wavlink drivers.
The Bottom Line
Installing the Wavlink drivers is important to improve the functionality of the device and operating system. Hopefully, the steps and troubleshooting hacks discussed in this post will help you to install the drivers.