In-Depth Guide to Change WiFi Password of Wavlink Router
Haye you ever thought of changing the WiFi password of your Wavlink router? No? Well, do it right now! This post covers all the necessary information to change WiFi password of your Wavlink router. But, first of all, let us make you aware of the fact why changing the WiFi password of the Wavlink router is necessary.
Why You Should Change WiFi Password?
Wireless internet is one of the greatest boons to humanity. However, it also puts your home network at risk of getting hacked if not secured properly. FYI, every Wavlink WiFi router comes with the default WiFi password along with the login credentials. It facilitates the user to do Wavlink WiFi router setup easily.
The default WiFi password needs to be changed so that unauthorized users cannot access your Wavlink router using it. Now, let’s move to the steps to change WiFi password of your Wavlink router.
Steps to Change WiFi Password of Wavlink Router
- Bring your Wavlink WiFi router within the range of the modem or host AP.
- Now, create a wired connection between both WiFi devices.
- Once done, plug your Wavlink WiFi router into the wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Now, switch on your desktop or laptop.
- Once your PC becomes ready for use, load a web browser.
- Any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer can be used to change WiFi password of the Wavlink router.
- Navigate to the address bar of the internet browser.
- Type in the default web address of the Wavlink router.
- Hit Enter and wait.
- The window will shift to the Wavlink WiFi router login page.
- Enter the default Wavlink router password into the given field.
- Click Login.
- The dashboard of the Wavlink router will appear.
- Here, click the Wireless tab.
- A page consisting of the wireless settings of your Wavlink WiFi router will be displayed.
- To change WiFi password of the 2.4GHz band, enter the new password into the Password field.
- Enter the new password in the Password field under 5.0GHz.
- Once done, click the Save button.
Note:A wireless source can also be used to connect your devices.
In this manner, you will be able to change WiFi password of your Wavlink router. However, you have to create a strong password so that it will be impossible for an intruder to crack it. The Wavlink router WiFi password can be a combination of letters, digits, and special characters.
Although the process to change WiFi password of the Wavlink router is not rocket science, however, users struggle to get success with it. For ease of such users, we have summed up a few tips that will help them change the Wavlink router’s WiFi password with ease.
Tips to Successfully Change WiFi Password
- Make sure that there is a continuous connection between your Wavlink WiFi router and the host AP.
- For Wireless Connection- Distance between your WiFi devices must be optimal
- For Wired Connection- Ethernet cable should be non-damaged as well as firmly connected
- The power being supplied to your Wavlink router as well as the host AP or modem should be fluctuation-free.
- No matter which web browser you are using to change WiFi password of the Wavlink router, it must be running on an up-to-date software version.
- There should be no WiFi interference present in the room during the Wavlink WiFi router password-changing process.
- The default password of your Wavlink WiFi router is case-sensitive. Thus, keep your eyes open while entering it.
- Your PC or laptop should not be infected with viruses.
- There should not be any typos in the web address of the Wavlink router. Also, it must be accessed through the web browser’s address bar only.
After keeping the above-discussed tips in mind, you will be able to change the WiFi password of your Wavlink router.
Need More Help?
Our guide explaining the process to change WiFi password of the Wavlink router has come to an end. Did you get success in assigning a new WiFi password to your device? No? Well, in that case, consider getting in touch with our profound experts. They are always on their toes to help out users like you.