Wavlink Extender Troubleshooting
No doubt that Wavlink WiFi range extenders are marvelous networking devices that let users fill dead zones in their homes with a high-speed internet connection. But, being the best doesn’t mean that it lacks flaws. Sometimes, users face various issues with their Wavlink WiFi extenders that make their internet experience worse. Are you also one of them? If you are nodding your head in yes, then you have landed on the right page. Here, you will find various Wavlink extender troubleshooting tips to get rid of various issues. So, let’s get the ball rolling.
Can’t Install Wavlink Extender?
This is one of the most common issues reported by Wavlink extender users. If you are also struggling to make your extender up and running, walk through the below-mentioned Wavlink troubleshooting tips:
- Connect your Wavlink extender to the host router properly.
- Make sure that the extender is not placed in a corner.
- Plug your WiFi range extender into a working power source.
- Do not use an outdated web browser to set up the Wavlink extender.
- Ensure to type the correct web address.
- Use the correct Wavlink extender login credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
After following the aforementioned Wavlink extender troubleshooting tips, you will surely be able to set up your WiFi device and connect to the internet. In case you don’t know how to connect to Wavlink extender, contact our experts for immediate help.
Wavlink Troubleshooting Tips for Slow Internet Issue
Another common issue in line is the slow internet connection after completing the Wavlink extender setup process. Right from the incorrect location of the extender to its distance from the WiFi router, a number of factors play a pivotal role in dragging you to this issue. To get rid of it, consider walking through the following Wavlink extender troubleshooting steps:
- Try with the basic Wavlink troubleshooting hack i.e. rebooting. It will help your Wavlink extender to get rid of technical glitches. To reboot your Wavlink extender, consider unplugging it from its respective wall outlet, let it rest for some time, and plug it back into the wall socket. Once done, check if this Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting tip brings you success in resolving the issue.
- Do you know how to connect to Wavlink extender? Two sources are available – wired or wireless. If you’ve used a wireless source and your devices are placed too close, then you will surely face a slow internet connection. To do Wavlink extender troubleshooting, place your WiFi device away from the host router but not out of its range.
- The slow internet issue can also be an outcome of an outdated firmware of the extender. To get the problem resolved, you need to opt for Wavlink firmware update download process. So, first of all, save the Wavlink firmware download file on your PC and upload it to your extender by accessing the Wavlink extender setup wizard.
- Apart from doing Wavlink firmware download, place your Wavlink WiFi extender in a zero-interference zone.
- Avoid overheating of your Wavlink range extender by placing it in a well-ventilated location. Trust us, this Wavlink extender troubleshooting tip will work wonders for you.
- If none of the Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting tips bring you success, then chances are that your ISP is not doing his job appropriately. So, contact him and ask him to do Wavlink troubleshooting from his end.
- Go for the Wavlink WiFi extender reset process.
- If every hack fails, get in touch with our technical experts for instant Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting.
Can’t Download Wavlink Firmware Update?
Millions of users struggle to get success with the Wavlink firmware update download process. It can happen due to the incorrect Wavlink firmware update file or the internet connection issue. Whatever the reason might be, the following Wavlink extender troubleshooting tips will help you fix Wavlink firmware download issues:
- Follow the correct Wavlink extender firmware update download steps that are as follows:
- Connect your Wavlink WiFi extender to the host router either using a wired or a wireless source.
- Now, switch on your PC and open your favorite web browser.
- Know that it needs to be operating on an updated version as well as should be free of junk files.
- Save the Wavlink firmware download file on your computer.
- Once done, open a new tab and access the Wavlink extender setup wizard.
- Look for the Wavlink Firmware Update option and click it.
- You will be prompted to upload the Wavlink firmware update file.
- As soon as you upload the file, the Wavlink firmware update download process will get completed.
- If following the correct steps fail to bring you success with the Wavlink firmware download process, then walk through the next Wavlink troubleshooting hack.
- Make sure that you are connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Keep in mind not to interrupt the Wavlink firmware update process by performing background activities on your PC.
- Avoid doing anything with your extender during the Wavlink firmware update download process.
- If everything is of no use, then waste no more time performing Wavlink WiFi extender reset.
Wavlink Extender WPS Light Blinking
Users often have a complaint that the WPS light on their device is blinking. If you are also troubled by the same problem, then walking through the following Wavlink extender troubleshooting hacks will bring you success in resolving the issue:
- The WPS light on the Wavlink extender might blink due to an insufficient power supply. In that case, the best Wavlink troubleshooting hack is to use a working wall socket to power up the extender.
- If switching the wall outlet does not prove fruitful, consider reducing the distance between your WiFi devices. It is advised because some users don’t know how to connect to Wavlink extender and end up failing to do so.
- Remove WiFi interference from the room in which your Wavlink range extender is located.
- Disconnect the additional devices connected to your Wavlink WiFi extender.
- Perform Wavlink firmware download and upload the file on your extender.
- If nothing works in your favor, then don’t wait to contact our experts for effective Wavlink extender troubleshooting.
Wavlink Extender Not Working
Many users approach our technical experts stating that their Wavlink WiFi extender is not working. Perhaps, they don’t know how to connect to Wavlink extender or their extender has become a victim of a serious problem. Well, if you are also struggling with the same issue, give a read to the Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting tips discussed below:
- Check the cable connections. None of the cables connected to your Wavlink WiFi extender should be damaged. To know how to connect to Wavlink extender properly, get in touch with our experts.
- Make sure that your Wavlink WiFi extender is placed away from concrete walls, metal objects, cellular phones, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, televisions, and tracking devices. Know that mirrors and fish tanks can also impact the WiFi signals of the Wavlink extender. Therefore, relocating the extender is one of the best Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting hacks.
- Give a fresh start to your Wavlink extender by rebooting it.
- Restore your Wavlink extender to the factory default mode.
- Contact our well-versed technicians.
Quick Tip: If you want to keep extender issues at bay, it is recommended that you regularly perform Wavlink firmware update download.
Wavlink WiFi Extender Not Accepting Password
To log in to the Wavlink extender, one needs to enter the default password and username. However, not everyone gets success with the process. In that scenario, following these Wavlink WiFi repeater troubleshooting hacks will be helpful:
- Try the most common Wavlink repeater troubleshooting technique, i.e. rebooting.
- If that doesn’t work out, refresh the extender login page and try to log in to your Wavlink device again.
- Update the web browser you are currently using.
- Disable antivirus software, firewall, or ad-blocker on the WiFi-enabled device you are using to log in to your Wavlink range extender.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser.
- If you have ever changed the password of your Wavlink extender, then use the updated password.
- Turn off the Caps Lock key on your keyboard.
- Get proper knowledge of how to connect to Wavlink extender.
- Make sure that you have access to a high-speed internet connection. For this, consider running a speed test on your computer. If that delivers negative results, then consider strengthening the connection between your Wavlink extender and the host router.
- Switch to another web browser.
- Perform Wavlink WiFi extender reset.
The Ultimate Troubleshooting Tip: Wavlink WiFi Extender Reset
Performing Wavlink WiFi extender reset is the ultimate Wavlink repeater troubleshooting tip to get rid of most of the extender-related issues. It can also help you if your extender stops working after the Wavlink firmware download. Just in case you are unaware of this Wavlink troubleshooting hack, read the following guidelines.
- To perform Wavlink WiFi extender reset, first of all, ensure that it is getting a non-fluctuating power supply.
- Once done, disconnect all devices connected to your extender including the host router.
- Now, find the Reset button on your Wavlink extender.
- Grab an oil pin.
- Press the Reset button using the oil pin and let the Wavlink WiFi extender reset process gets completed.
In this way, you can perform Wavlink WiFi extender reset. After the completion of the Wavlink WiFi extender reset process, your device will operate on the factory default mode. So, you need to set it up again after connecting the router to it. So, make sure you have proper knowledge of how to connect to Wavlink extender.
If you are still struggling with issues even after following all the Wavlink extender troubleshooting hacks including the Wavlink firmware update download and extender reset process, get in touch with our technicians for expert troubleshooting.